Just a quick PSA for anyone in the the local area (SF Bay Area) that Silicon Valley Comic Con 2017 is this weekend in downtown San Jose at multiple venues. I’m actually located in San Jose, so I’ll likely stop by check out some of the festivities. The con is in it’s sophomore year and it’s officially the biggest one in the Bay Area since the departure of WonderCon to Anaheim.
Last year they had greater than expected attendance of 60,000 people so it’ll be interesting if they top that this year.
Though all the indoor events require paid tickets to attend, there will be free outdoor events as well. Check the link for a full listing of stuff happening outside. They will be having an outdoor festival every day of the con which the general public can attend:
Friday, April 21: 5pm – 10pm
Saturday, April 22: 10am – 10pm
Sunday, April 23: 10am – 5pm
Featured activities will include:
- Outdoor stage featuring performances, comedians, trivia games and contests, musicians and more
- Second stage for local bands
- Lagunitas Brewing Company Beer Garden & Winery
- Food Trucks & Food Vendors
- Outdoor Artists Alley
- Sony PlayStation & Oculus Pop Up Demo Stations
- SVCC Science Fair: Saturday & Sunday from 11am – 3pm
- Saturday: “Save the Planet” (Earth sciences for Earth Day)
- Sunday: Future Tech (robots and space travel)
- San Jose Public Library’s Maker [Space]Ship Truck
- Rover.com Dog Cosplay Contest
- Water Stations Provided by Essentia Water
- Evening Movie Screenings
- Picnic Tables & Areas to Relax
- Interactive Exhibits, Vendors & more!